SC - Fw: [Mid] Why bad feasts happen to good people

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jan 14 12:19:58 PST 1998

Some positive thinking.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 08:12:19
: From: Ginny Beatty
: To: Middlebridge
: Subject: [Mid] Why bad feasts happen to good people
:
: OK,
: It is well known that bad feasts have happened throughout our organization
: for a variety of reasons.
: Sometimes bad feasts happen to good people.
: Here are some possible reasons that I have observed over time.
:
: Poor planning and resource management
: The (person in charge of the feast -- insert favorite term here) is new to
: SCA feasts.
: It's their first feast and they want to do everything themself.
: They are a good cook in a small scale, but anything over 50 servings
freaks
: them out
: Improper preparation of food before cooking (proper defrosting of the
: chicken before cooking)
: Audience analysis ("what? all we get is fish?" "Where's the beef!?")
: Bad lighting ("I can't see the food.")
: Timing and scheduling of courses
: Poor server management ("why didn't we get the roast pork? Other tables
: did.")
: Portion control (too much bread, not enough meat)
: Stress ( the head cook is a babbling pile of goo in the corner. Now who's
: in charge? Quick! Call in the Crisis Management Team!!)
:
: Now, before this thread starts going on a rampage about bad feasts, I
would
: like to request the  conversation to spin on a more positive note.
:
: What is it about feasts you like?
: Is it the amount of food, type of food, opportunity to taste new and
: different dishes. Time to visit with friends. Entertainment.
:
: Discuss. Talk amongst yourselves.
:
: Ciao (or is that chow?),
: Gwyneth
: ginbeatty at compuserve.com
: From:  Ginny Beatty <GinBeatty at compuserve.com>
: +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+    to unsubscribe, send a message to
: `~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`    sca-middle-request at dnaco.net with
: .  |  |     |  |     |  |     |  |          'unsubscribe' as its body.