SC - Another Glogg recipe

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Wed Jan 14 10:36:22 PST 1998

>Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:58:27 -0500
>From: Christi Redeker <Christi.Redeker at digital.com>
>Subject: SC - FW: Glogg
>
>Forwarded from the arts list (now that I can send email).  Anyone out
>there know if the glogg he mentions is period so I can help him out?
>The ingrediants look like the could be, but we all know how that
>goes....
>
>Murkial

   Well, I don't have any comment for him, but just in case it might be of
help, I do have another Glogg recipe.  Maybe someone else would like to try
their hand at this?

Glogg
Cmbrm #23 @9926
Wed Jun 19 10:13:54 1996

- ---------- Recipe via UNREGISTERED Meal-Master (tm) v8.01

Title: Glogg
Categories: Beverages
Yield: 1 servings
      1/2 t  Finely Shredded Orange Peel
      1 ea Whole Clove
    3/4 c  Sweet Red Wine
      1 t  Raisins
      2 ea Whole, Blanched Almonds
      1 ea 1" Stick Cinnamon, Broken
      1 ea Cardamom Pod, Opened
      2 T  Whiskey
    1/2 t  Honey

  For spice bag, tie stredded orange peel, cinnamon, whole clove,
and opened cardamom pod in a double layer of cheesecloth.  In a
2-cup measure combine wine, whiskey, raisins, honey, and spice bag.
  Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till
heated through, but not boiling.  If desired, cover and let stand
at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours to develop more flavor.  If
wine mixture is allowed to stand, micro-cook, uncovered, on 50%
power for 3 to 4 minutes more or till heated through, but not
boiling.  Remove spice bag.  Serve in a mug.  Add almonds.

- -----

Hope you enjoy!  I think we made this once about 5 years ago.  It was ...
interesting.

- -Laurene