SC - Re - Mostly vastly OT but couldn't resist...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 14 16:53:42 PST 1998

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:18:22 EST
> From: LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - Mostly vastly OT but couldn't resist...
>
> In a message dated 1/14/98 11:23:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << I, for one, consider the office of Head Cook to be a noble pursuit, and
>  I treat it that way. It can't be demeaned by another unless I allow it
>  to be.
>
>  Adamantius, hopping mad now :  ) ! >>
>
> Unto the Most Noble and Kind Master G. Adamantius in whose shadow I am not
> worthy to tread and list members, do I, al-Sayyid Ras al-Zib, send this
> missive, unworthy tho' I be,

Uh huh, he intones skeptically ;  )

> My most humblist apologies to you, Master; and my apologies to the List.

No apology necessary on my account. If, on the other hand, you have had
a personal revelation of some kind, I'm happy if I was an unwitting
instrument. Unwitting instrument, that's me ;  ) .

> You are indeed correct, Master. It was not my imtention to belittle the noble
> art of cookery. It was most certainly not my intention to place importance on
> title rather than actual practise..Please forgive my indescretion.

You were quite right to state that a title that tends to diminish the
importance of the person in charge of the cooking end of the feast is a
bad idea. I just wanted to make it clear that you are in charge of the
amount of respect you receive, not your Kingdom's Chronicler, as I'm
sure you understand, being one of the most free spirits I have
encountered.

Don't forget I'm getting the Digest, and had not seen your post on that
topic when I responded, so wasn't referring to what you had written.

> al-Sayyid Ras al-Zib, AoA, OSyc
> Mountain Confederation
> Clan Ravenstar
> Kingdom of Aethelmearc