SC - Scotch eggs

Sabia sabia at unm.edu
Wed Jan 14 21:38:54 PST 1998

On 14 Jan 1998, Marisa Herzog wrote:

>                       RE>SC - Scotch eggs                          1/14/98
> My friend who made the ones I had at 12th nite said that they were very
> simple.  Hard boil eggs, but not too long, as they will be cooked a second
> time.  Take choice of seasoned sausage meat (uncooked) and mold a thin layer
> around the eggs- not too thick.  Take choice of seasoned breadcrumbs and roll
> the egg/meat balls until coated.  Bake in a medium oven for half an hour or
> until sure that the meat is cooked thoroughly.  Serve warm or cold with a
> sweet or spicy (or both) mustard.
> sorry I have no better details.
> -brid
<SNIP> Sabia here:  I helped in a kitchen last year that dod these and it
was very similer process, although rather then baking they were fried in
oil.  Pain in the butt, messy, but well received.  If you like I can track
down that recipe in detail.  I believe the eggs were qukly immersed in a
beaten egg mixture before being dredged through the crumbs, but its been a
while.

Sabia of St Kildas {sabia at unm.edu}

Those who would have true victory, must first have honor.