SC - Mastodon, not especially serious

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 15 09:35:35 PST 1998

> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:40:40 EST
> From: LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com>
> Subject: SC - Mastodon
>
> I have been following the mastodon thread with undivided attention..<NOT!> :-)
>
> After several attempts to follow the sometimes too vague instructions for it's
> preparation which necessitated slight changes and not a few conjectural
> choices, one question keeps popping up in my mind> How do you get the d**n
> thing into the stock pot!!? :-0
>
> Ras

The problem is that there are differences between the American and Asian
mastodon. They require vastly different cooking techniques. In the case
of the American mastodon, where I come we go and find an Eastern
multiple peer (frequently of the Royal plus Pelican variety) and give a
gentle shove just below the center of gravity, which in itself is often
pretty low anyway. The resultant trench is usually big enough for the
leather tarpaulin lining, the ale, the onions, the mastodon, and all the
hot rocks you'd need to do the job...

Adamantius, obviously in an odd mood today. (Brennan, stop chewing that
staircase!)
troy at asan.com