SC - Introductions

Daria Anne Rakowski dar3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 10:40:40 PST 1998

Greetings (from the new kid)!

I am Bantiarna Coll nic Faolbran, and among other things, I am a cook. I
come originally from the Barony of Caste Rouge but am currently residing
in Caer Caledon (Drachenwald). I am interested in all cookery, but most
especially in early cookery (eight-tenth centuries) in Northern Europe
etc. despite its serious lack of documentary information. Outside of the
SCA, I am a medieval historian, working on my M.Litt in Med. History at
the University of St.Andrews, Scotland.

I feel that I must add my two cents (two pence?) Being half Polish I have
often come accross Krupnik, but the kind that I have had was always a
composite based on Vodka and honey and spices, mixed just before serving,
never premixed. Mind you, I have also had the soup...

Also, I too am interested in Mongolian recipes, I wait to be advised.

Lastly, living in Scotland, I find Scotch eggs everywhere, you can buy
them ready made in the grocery stores here, more or less as they have been
described, certainly cooked though.

Coll