SC - Mushroom Pasties

James & Melody Mahanna jmmahanna at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 20 13:12:02 PST 1998

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Mushroom Pasties
> "The Goodman of Paris" adapted in "The Medieval Cookbook" by Maggie Black.
>
>  Don't wait too long to either freeze or cook the
> mushrooms as they will turn bitter if left for too long.
>
> The mushrooms freeze well.

I have pretested this recipe for a feast I am doing in March.  But instead of using
pastry I used phyllo tartletts.  They were well received but I would like to do the
pastry version for my feast...my question is can you make these ahead of time baking
and all and freeze them to be reheated later?  And if so how would you reheat them?
Thaw them first...or just pop them in the oven?  Our feast is named "For Love and
Honor" And I thought these would be cute with heart shaped cutouts in the top pastry.

- --
Talisien & Morwenna
Mka: James & Melody Mahanna
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2108