SC - (P?) Fish dishes and gold-leafing

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Jan 20 14:18:28 PST 1998

kat here, with a question...

	I've been going over my menu for fine-tuning and wishing I had something I could gold-leaf (since my subtlety is going to be done by someone else).  It occurred to me I hadn't positively decided on a fish recipe for the final remove as of yet; and I was wondering...

	Could I get away with cooking whole fish (let's say salmon, for argument's sake; it's my favorite fish anyway) and gold-leafing it?  Would that be even remotely period?  And if it were, anyone have any suggestions as to what recipe/sauce to use?

	I'm envisioning having two main serving platters, each with a whole gilded fish in the center surrounded by ungilded pieces, giving people something of a choice.  I won't need to make much; it'll be the third remove and most folk in my barony proclaim they don't like fish a-tall.

	Or would the concept be too far down the "weird" scale for the mundane palate to handle?

	Suggestions always welcome,

		- kat