SC - Re: raw milk

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 22 06:20:20 PST 1998

I grew up on raw milk that we got from a local farmer who is still milking
cows, but we switched to getting it at the supermarket because it was
easier, at the cow farm you had to draw it yourself.  I miss the taste, and
also raw milk is a lot easier for your body to process.  My Dad all his
life cannot drink store milk ,it causes what amounts to the symptoms of
lactose intolerance, but he can drink it straight from the farm without any
symptoms.

We trust the farmer down the road because we know the regulations for milk
farms are very strigent, and we see how he milks the cows and what he does
with milk when the cows are freshened. I believe the problems that caused
raw milk to be dangerous are gone, as long as the rules are enforced.  Also
there isn't a time factor of how long the milk takes to get from the cow
farm to the consumer, in addition everything is refrigerated now.

 Now that I've said all this, I am going back to drinking the raw milk.
This farmer does not use the bovine growth hormone either, and the price of
the milk is so much cheaper than in the store, about half the price per
gallon, and if I get ambitious I can skim off the 6-9 inches of cream off
the top of the milk and make butter, or whip cream.

	Angeline

Angeline di Aquila
Dominion of Myrkfaelinn
  mka. Angie Malone