SC - Dolphin Fish?

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Jan 22 16:48:59 PST 1998

The Dolphin fish that I am familiar with is a fish found in the ocean,
usually in warmer waters- Caribbean, for example- which has a blunt head,
rather like a sheep's foot knife blade, and comes in a wonderful variety of
irridescent color, basicly an aquamarine shading to a golden yellow.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Karla wrote:
:
: >>I think that what the original poster was referring to, is that there
: is
: actually a variety of dolphin that are fish - and they live in fresh
: water... can often be found in rivers and lakes.  I'm not sure what part
: of
: the world they occur in, though.  I watched one of those nature shows on
: TV
: on them once.  I seem to remember being creeped out by their
: appearance...
: I really like dolphins and porpoises, but these things looked quite
: different - I seem to remember them looking similar to what pictures of
: pre-historic fish look like (and those have always given me the creeps
: as
: well).
:
:
: According to the Undersea World of Jacques Coustea, there is a fresh
: water dolphin in the amazon.  It is white and has a horn like a narwhale
: I believe.  But that is the only reference that I know.  But animals
: like that are very interesting.  There was a report of a large bull
: shark found up the Mississippi in Illinois or Iowa, or some such place.
:
: Murkial
: (fountain of misspent youth)
: Christi Redeker