SC - Re: [Dstlg] Auction Item Elimination

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Thu Jan 22 17:28:08 PST 1998

Good gentlefolk, the following e-mail (with headers and sig removed since it
was private e-mail and so I ask that you NOT circulate it further than our
small group) was sent to me and I forwarded it to Lord Liam feeling that to
avoid trouble is 9/10s of the battle.  This was the reason that the items in
question were removed and the decision rested with Lord Liam as it should.
I was not offended or upset by this gentleperson's e-mail to me or by Lord
Liam's decison to remove my donation from the list nor am I offended or
upset by Lady Crystal's post to the SCA-Cooks list.  I just wanted to make
clear to anyone who does feel upset the basis of the decision.  Please do
not let this small thing anger any one of us to the point that we make
another feel upset or angry.

Dragonfyr

M'Lady, the offering of home-brewed alcoholic beverages for sale (auction
qualifies) is a felony under federal and state law. I offer this advice
because e-mail never goes away. The method being used in the postings, that
of
empty bottles with negotiable contents, would not hold up in court, and
would
still constitute sale. i deal with the ATF on a regular basis as art of my
job, and believe me, they have no sense of humor.