SC - chickenballs

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Jan 23 20:14:20 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
re: meatballs out of chicken...
the original text says nothing about breadcrumbs and egg, so I personally
wouldn't use 'em. I have made chicken meatballs for a medieval German
recipe simply by taking ground chickn and forming it into balls with my
hands (flavored with cumin and bacon. Yum!). This was a chicken soup recipe
(thank you for the reconstruction, Janelyn!), and so as long as the the
broth was boiling hard when you threw them in, they cooked before they fell
apart.

hey come on, be brave! Do it like the original says! :) and let us know how
it works out! If you're really faint of heart, you can try it the modern
way, but at least try and cook a couple meatballs the "right" way so you
can say categorically why you cheated.

I love the combination of chicken and pomegranite, so this should be good!
- --Anne-Marie, also stuffy purist, apparently...