SC - coffe and tea at events

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Jan 24 08:34:17 PST 1998

Not having coffee and tea when people wake up has caused me to be seen as
a bit too hardline to qualify as sane. I have even tried providing beer
as a morning beverage (something they still do in vietnam. Wonderful
place), but have resorted in the end to  quietly mentioning that my
wife's supply of coffee is probably in my chest, and there may well be
some milk and sugar near it, and there is boiling water in the cauldron.
If you put coffee grounds and hot water in a cup, stir it a couple of
times, add whatever and stir agaain, most of it sinks. Just remember to
avoid the mouthful at the bottom - it isn't like turkish coffee.

On the other hand, at conference one of our participants attempts to
create a 16C coffe-house arrangement. Funny how many 10-12C normans have
been known to turn up there under cover of darkness :)

Charles Ragnar (Who is prepared to go a long way to get it right, bur not
to alienate my own wife)

Actually, if changes of this sort are introduced one by one at a
succession of events it is amazing how quickly people can get used to
doing stuff a bit better each time.