SC - Saunders powder

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 07:18:21 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/27/98 12:20:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< It is powdered sandlewood. I have tried using it,and find that it imparts a
 rather unpleasant dusty flavor, and not much color. Though the stuff I was
 using was in a funky hippy "apothacary" store, and I think they intended I
 burn it for incense, not eat it.

Excuse me if this is a repost.

Red sauders used in cookery is NOT the same thing as the saunders used for
incense.  They are from two different trees.  Red saunders has NO flavor or
odor to speak of.  Yellow saunders is fragrant and makes a nice incense.  The
two CANNOT be used interchangeably.

Ras