SC - Defense of myself...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 28 06:19:24 PST 1998

Good Morning,

  I'd just like to make a bit of a comment about the following:

>From LrdRas at aol.com:
>    You should make a wise King. :-) Unfortunately, someone from the distilling
>    list has seen fit to involve outsiders, namely me. :-( Apparently speaking
>    one's mind is no longer allowed on that list without fear of repercussions
>    from beyond the list. :-(

  I am the person in question who "involved outsiders", namely the
  Kingdom Seneschal and Chairman of the BoD. These are the individuals
  who make and maintain the rules that were being questioned and would
  be the ones who would need to comment on it.

  The primary reason for my doing this is the Lord Ras posted on a
  public forum accusing the Kingdom of Ansteorra's Seneschal of theft
  and suggesting that mundane legal action be taken against them. Anytime
  that something like this happens, I feel that the person being accused
  needs to know, if for no other reason, than to be prepared to defend
  themself from the rumor-mill.

  To be quite honest, I have no problem with one speaking their own mind
  if they are willing to deal with the repercussions. One should always
  remember that when they make unjust accusations, someone may call them
  out into the open regarding them. A group of people who don't have to
  worry about repercussions is not a Society, but rather a pre-school.

  I for one, much to my own detriment within the Society, will stand
  behind everything I say. My motives are not always public knowledge
  though.

  I am not a member of the SCA-Cooks mailing list so please send all
  missives privately if they involve me. As well, I feel that this
  particular confrontation which resulted in a minor flaming incident
  is not what this list or the other list is about. I do feel that I have
  to publicly defend myself though.

  I am not against nor for the particular Law in question. As a brewer,
  I already look at my craft as one in a questionable light according to
  Mundane Laws.

Ciao,

- --
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "The problem's plain to see
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   Too much technology."
House Flaming Dog     |
pug at pug.net           |   --Styx