SC - Re:Feast planning

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at tempphd1.com
Thu Jan 29 06:32:14 PST 1998

> LrdRas wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 1/28/98 8:27:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> > cpeters at cinemagnetics.com writes:
> >
> > <<  How did it cabash the brewers guild?? Inquiring minds want to
> >  know here! >>
> >
> > SCA funds (e.g. shire ) finds are not allowed to purchase alcohol
> making
> > materials per the most recent interpretation of the original bad
> policy. :-(
> >
> > Ras

My opinion then is to operate the guilds as independant entities from
the group.
There is no bar to the Guild taking the name of the group, as long as
iit is not funded by, or operated by officers of, the local group.
As long as all donations of money and materials comes from OUTSIDE the
offices of the local group, the BOD ruling does not apply to guilds.
The SCA corpora does not list a guilds among the official structures of
the SCA, and groups them with (I believe) Households. Since households
operate outside the parameters of the SCA, SCA rules do not apply,
except where they are covered as individual citizens attending SCA
events and activities.  If an individual person can brew beer and bring
it to feasts for individual consumption, then so can members of a
brewers guild, as long as the alcoholic beverages, or the materials for
making them, are not provided by any OFFICIAL entity of the SCA.

Brandu