SC - coffe and tea at events

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jan 31 00:56:13 PST 1998

At 2:21 PM -0500 1/30/98, Gedney, Jeff wrote:

>I wholly support the "Enchanted Campground" methodology, and would love
>to spin and weave my own tartans, for example.

Just a note on the Enchanted Ground. What distinguishes it is not that
everything in it is perfectly authentic to a high level--so far as I know,
none of us have spun and woven our own cloth, for example. The point of the
encampment is:

1. Avoiding anything that is obviously and unnecessarily out of
period--which does not imply a high standard (machine woven fabric is not
obviously out of period to most of us), but rather an attempt to eliminate,
so far as practical, all clearly OOP things such as visible coolers.

2. Everyone being in persona all of the time (inside the encampment).

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/