SC - Apricot recipes?(was Byzantine Cooking)

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 23:46:55 PST 1998

Greetings, all!

     Aoife wrote:

>>Endless Hills First Baronial Investiture Menu:

 1st remove---To Honor our New Baron's Heritage
*Bread (flat bread or pita), and Hummus served in Bread Swans %
*Phoenix tail salad (Salad vegetables arranged like a Phoenix's Tail),
Balsamic Dressing after a description by Mistress Sincgiefu (Cindy Renfrow) @
*Apricot Chicken^ (turkish influence)^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  (Snip)

       OK, another query for the list in general, and Aoife in particular.
I've just been gifted with a couple more pounds of dried apricots, sent by
relatives in CA. Not being a huge apricot fan--and the ones they send being
rather tart--I've rarely nibbled these in any quantity and so have quite a few
bags stashed about. I'd love to find some period recipes to help use them up.
The Apricot Chicken mentioned above would be a good start--Aoife, would you
mind posting it if you have the time? And does anyone else have any ready to
hand? The more apricots they call for the better! I've yet to decide what to
make for 12th Night, so if I can find a recipe I like that might be a good
oportunity to make a big batch of whatever......

     Thanks, gang!

             Ldy Diana