SC - SCA event site ideas

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 5 22:31:04 PST 1998

Puck asked:

I am, as I said,
in the planning stages, the manor house design has been chosen as well as
most of the outbuildings, but am curious, and open to suggestions, re
facilities for the sca designated portion of the Glen.  I would like to
keep that area completely period, but am still too new at this to have any
good ideas.  Any comments about any of this part of the Glen are welcome,
but, to keep this on topic, what sort of cooking facilities would be
appropriate?
- --------------

Puck, you might want to take a look at this file in the SCA-INC section
of my Florilegium:
SCA-land-msg      (27K)  4/ 1/97    SCA owned land ideas. West and Trimaris
Land
                                       Funds.

While much of the file deals with setting up land funds and the status of
several around the Known World, which probably won’t interest you, several
messages do deal with what other groups, SCA and other private groups, have
planned for their sites. I think the furthest along may be a group in
Meridies.

I believe this subject may also have been discussed in some of the issues
of the Known World Architectural Guild. I think that was the name. I used
to get newsletters when the Guild existed.

While you are developing a master plan, you might also want to look at this
file in the HANDICAPS section of my files to see if you can take some of
the suggestions in this file into consideration.
handicaps-msg     (72K) 11/13/96    Handicaps in the SCA and period, hiding
                                      wheelchairs, SCA sign language.

Hope this helps.

Puck, two questions. You’ve probably answered both of these before but I’m
wondering where you are located or at least where this interesting sounding
Puck’s Glen site is located? And two, are you a lady or a lord? I really
haven’t been able to tell for sure from your comments.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net