SC - Holiday Greetings

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Tue Jan 6 13:36:00 PST 1998

Hey, that's great news (almonds in the coffee grinder)!  Years (15-20?)
ago I did almond-milk almonds in a blender and it was a moderate pain.
(But nothing like doing them by hand, I assume!!  A great conspicuous
consumption item, almond milk has always seemed to me-- "not only can I
import these nuts from at least the south of France, if not further, I
can also afford to feed a couple of kitchen slaveys who do nothing but
crunch the durned things in querns, or by mortar and pestle, or
whatever, to make almond milk out of")

Chimene

patricia.r.dunham at ci.eugene.or.us
http://members.aol.com/gerekr/medieval.html (home)