SC - re: trenchers

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Jan 6 21:52:39 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie

It is my experience here in Washington State that formal food banks will
not take food unless it is storebought, unopened and unperishable. Concerns
about shelf life, distribution problems, as well asn the fact that we live
in a world with sick and twisted people who might think that homeless
people with a belly ache is the funniest thing they've ever seen.

So, if it's perishable stuff like unused produce (you know how onions don't
multiply up right, and you sometimes end up with piles of extras), or
cooked food, we'll bag it up (we bring old clean yogurt containers, etc for
this purpose) and let the feasters/cooks take it home. If its
non-perishable, we'll store it with our guild supplies for the next feast.
We rarely throw out edible food.

- --Anne-Marie