SC - Modern English - OT

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Wed Jan 7 11:55:17 PST 1998

.

>And yes, the Gallacians in Spain are also a Celtic people.

When Rhys and I were stationed in Spain, (many years ago) we stayed at a
communications site in the Basque region, 10 KM from the French border.
One of the stories in the info pack said that during W W 1 and 2, the
Basque were hired on as radio operators, because no one could understand
their language.  The Welsh soldiers however, were able to.  There is a
supposed Celtic link somewhere.  And after seeing both languages, it
makes sense.

Aldyth