SC - OT-Alchemy v. Chemistry

Rodney K Zeigler zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu
Sun Jan 11 09:35:38 PST 1998

Sorry to keep this going, but until we get our own list, we have
commandeered this corner of yours. HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

Seriously though, chemistry isn't alchemy, though alchemy is chemistry. I
am not aware of many renaissance scientists who referred to themselves as
chemists per se, but I do know that at times you couldn't swing a dead cat
without hitting an alchemist. If you really want to know the differences,
e-mail me privately, so the we do not pollute the list any longer with such
non-culinary matters.
Kent {zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu} (One time I turned my pants into a net using
sulfuric acid, but that's not the same, is it?)