SC - Brandy

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Thu Jan 15 09:15:31 PST 1998

> Hmmm....then the ATF agent with which I sat down a couple of months ago
> didn't know what he was talking about.  His statements, in brief, were
that
> there was no evaporation and re-condensation, and therefore freezing and
> removing the water ice was not in fact distillation.  He hauled out _his_
> copy of the aforementioned document and pointed to some legalese.  I
didn't
> read it, but took him at his word and went happily on my way.  (Since he's
> the local guy (relatively speaking) who would most likely be busting my
> chops for doing it, and he said not to worry, who am I to disagree?)  I
> have heard the same from another who asked (via telephone), in Ohio IIRC;
> he received the same answer, which was posted on the Midrealm B&V list.
>
> "Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice.
> Eoin
Hmmmm, well, being allergic to legalese, I based that post on what was
decided corporately on the distilliing list.  Perhaps if we move this
discussion OVER TO THE DISTILLING LIST, it would be appropriate to restart
the thread, as you appear to have an interpretation, from a much more
official source, than we.  I for one would love to find out that we can
indeed do freeze distilling legally, and was originally of the opinion that
we could.  That having been said, we now return you to cooking, hopefully.

I'm trying really hard poppa, Puck