SC - Mastodon: PP

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jan 15 10:11:34 PST 1998

At 11:40 AM -0500 1/15/98, LrdRas wrote:
>I have been following the mastodon thread with undivided attention..<NOT!> :-)
>
>After several attempts to follow the sometimes too vague instructions for it's
>preparation which necessitated slight changes and not a few conjectural
>choices, one question keeps popping up in my mind> How do you get the d**n
>thing into the stock pot!!? :-0

You mean that when you started cooking they had already invented pots?

1 Mastodon, skinned and gutted.

1 Small Pond of glacial melt

1 Small Forest (for firewood)

Many potboiler stones.

Burn forest. Heat Stones. Dump in pond. Add mastodon. Salt to taste.

On a related topic...  . Betty is a geologist by training, and we have
joked about doing a paleontological cookbook.At the end of each recipe,
mention possible substitutions in case you can't get all of the
ingredients. "Trilobite Gumbo." ...

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/