SC - Breads

Tara Sersen ladycharissa at geocities.com
Sat Jan 17 22:45:08 PST 1998

Hello, all!

Today a friend and I were discussing making bread for feasts, and were
trying to figure out how to freeze dough so we can do all the hard work
way in advance.  I remember reading about doing this a long time ago,
but I don't trust my memory.  I seem to recall that you let it rest/rise
the first time, punch it down, then freeze it.  Then it can be thawed,
kneaded and raised the last time.  Has anyone tried this?  Does anyone
know off hand of any recipies that freeze well like this?

We were going to experiment with this over the next few months, so would
ya'll like an update about it later?  We were going to make two loaves,
freeze one and bake one, then bake the frozen one after a few weeks to
compare it to the other.  So, it'll take us a while to have results!

Thanks!

Marjorie
Mountain Confederation
Fox Clan