SC - Parchment, Hungarian, Titles, A Quest, and a Reminder

Varju Varju at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 10:00:54 PST 1998

<<  I think, from this recipe title, one can
 deduce that in late period, at least, Hungarian food had a
 distinctivenesss, in at least one preparation method, that someone
 recognized and took into another cooking style. >>

Out of curiousity, could this also mean that the original preserver of the
recipe learned from a Hungarian source and wanted to be sure that everyone
knew it was from a Hungarian source?  My slant is that I know modern Hungarian
cooking, and I know what other European states consider distinctive about
Hungarian cooking, and they are pretty far away from each other.

I am very definitely curious about what the "Capon in a Hungarian style"
recipe looks like, and possiblely if they say where they got the recipe from.

Noemi