SC - Gold, Silver, Etc.

Mordonnade Mordonnade at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 18:11:21 PST 1998

<<  (Minor digression - How many of us would
 : actually drink raw cow's milk, presuming we could even buy it?  In
 : Ohio, for example, _if_ you can find it, it is only to be fed to
 : animals.  Hard to make certain the period dishes using homogenized
 : milk!)
 :
 : Alys Katharine
 :
 :
 : >>

In order to sell raw milk in most areas, you must obtain a special permit, and
the inspections and requirements are MUCH more stringent than for milk that
will be pasteurized.
I, too, actually prefer the taste of fresh, raw milk, but I would not under
any circumstances purchase it from anyone that I didn't know personally.  I
know far too well the kind of nasties that can be found in such a wonderful
food supply as milk.

Mordonna