SC - Feast and Budget planning

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Thu Jan 22 14:31:34 PST 1998

Poppa Gunthar and all those lucky people who got to attend his feast
have been discussing the issues that had to deal with space and people.

I know this has been hashed over before (for all of us old timers out
there), but maybe a discussion on how feasts are run and prepays vs.
feeding everyone.

I remember people discussing Ansteorra and saying that feast was
included with the site fee.  Are there any other Kingdoms that do this?
Here in the Outlands we make the feast separate, and usually ask for
reservations ahead of time so we know how many to plan on.  Also, we
usually set a limit on how many people we will feed, and that includes
head table, so everything can be bought ahead of time and planned out to
the last detail.

We also need to know how much we have budgeted and how much per head we
can spend.  I would think cooking for 250 and having 500 show up would
be a problem to my budget and my shopping.

How does this differ from other areas out there?

Murkial af Maun