SC - Breads

Thu Jan 22 17:01:02 PST 1998

><< Being curious, I ask, why should you go crazy making 17 loaves of bread?
>

> Bear >>
>

>I don't. In the bread area , I usually go period-like. I buy pre-frozen bread
>dough , let it thaw , cut each into 4 pieces; roll each piece into the shape
>of a ball and then brush it with half egg white/half water wash; roll it in
>steel cut oats. cut an X in the top of each; pot them on a sheet pan 1 1/2
>inches apart. Let rise. Bake. Voila> Individual loves of bread for each
>person.
>
>Ras

Unfortunately, they do not sell Pain du Campagne in the freezer case.
I'm in the process of baking 80 loaves of bread for this weekend and
with two batches baked, one batch on the second rise, two batches on the
first rise and five batches of Panettone scheduled for tomorrow, I could
appreciate the short-cut.

I was just curious about why 17 loaves of fresh bread presented any
particular problem.  I view it as an evening's baking.

Bear