SC - Re:Feast planning

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 23 17:34:19 PST 1998

For two of the events for which I was steward, I requested reservations in
the event flyer.  A few days before the event, I told the head cook how many
reservations I had gotten.  We rounded that up to the next table (ie,
multiple of eight), added the high table plus one more table, and set that
as the limit. (When I did my first event, this was explained to me as
baronial policy, but for that event we based the number of tables on the
number of attendees at the first two renditions of that event, and on the
size of the hall.)

For the last event, both of the other events in the kingdom that weekend
were cancelled, so we had more people show up at the porter's than expected.
I consulted with the head cook, and we added a few more tables, sending
someone to the store for chickens and adding a bit more liquid to the soup.

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net