SC - Q and A

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Jan 26 00:58:08 PST 1998

Eggs - what size were they

I don't think this is a very good question. When I cook with eggs I use
bantam eggs, chooks eggs or duck eggs as if they were interchangeable,
just different sizes. (I am waiting for somebody to have an excess f
goose eggs - after discovering how good omelettes are with duck eggs ;)
I m ust admit that i have had harboiled quail eggs, but have never
bothered trying to make a cake with them. But I suspect that a similar
rule would apply - eggs is eggs...
On the other hand, the rlated question about chickes is still a good one.

when did people start making sweet pastry in europe?

When do the earliest medieval european cookbooks appear?

Charles Ragnar