SC - spices

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu Jan 29 19:16:25 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie
Telling cardamom seeds from grains of paradise...
not only do they taste different (grains are more gingery/peppery than the
flowery sweet cardomom, to my palate), but they look vastly different.
Cardamom seeds are seed shaped. Grains are nubbly bits, like crushed
peppercorns. Also, when you crush a grain, there's a fluffy white stuff
inside the seed that isnt' there with cardamom.

you could always order some grains from Worldspice and compare with what
you have, too :)...if you lived close by me, I could just bring you a
couple.

- --AM