SC - rose sekanjabin

marilyn i traber mtraber at juno.com
Fri Jan 30 09:02:07 PST 1998

><< $4 for five
> pounds of sugar (you'll have leftovers) $2 of vinegar  >>
>
>Wow! That's expensive for sugar and vinegar. :-0 Sugar is available
>for
>$1.89/5 lbs. and vinegar is .89 cents a quart ($2.49/gal.) at my local
>supermarlet. The other ingredients about the same though.
>
>Ras
depends on the type of vinegar, i use cider vice distilled vinegar in my
mideastern cooking, and frequently balsamic as well. imho, distilled
vinegar is too sharp to replicate a nondistilled vinegar, and cider and
balsamic are both aged vinegars and have softened in flavor as they would
have in the middle ages.

i forgot, the cider vinegar i use i make in a barrel that has been in my
family in constant use since 1885[when my g-great grandfather built the
house I grew up in.] i am the only person who has time  for the bedamned
barrel, but i think it is worth it.
margali