SC - Cooking Workshop in West Kingdom

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jul 1 13:09:43 PDT 1998

Cariadoc mentioned our style of cooking workshop on the competition thread,
so I would like to mention that we are running one of these Saturday July
11 starting at noon.  The way we work it is:

1. People tell us if they are coming at least a day in advance.
2.  We pick recipes and do shopping.
3. People show up and get handed a stack of recipes; each person picks one.
4. We spend the afternoon cooking things in a somewhat choatic kitchen,
with me standing in the middle saying. " The sugar's over there.  The bowls
are in that cupboard.  I think what that word means is..." We encourage
people, repeatedly, to time everything, measure everything, and write down
everything.
5. When anything gets finished, everyone tastes it and makes comments.
(Cariadoc: "too little pepper!"  Elizabeth:  "too much pepper!") What was
done gets fed into the computor, together with comments as a guide for the
next try.  Anyone who wants a copy of the recipe gets one to take home.

Anyone on this list who is going to be in reach of San Jose, California is
welcome to come; just let us know.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook