SC - Sugar Questions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 5 22:07:49 PDT 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

>Depending on the recipe, I'd think about going with the turbinado (there
>is another variety you sometimes see, called muscovado, I believe), or
>possibly a mixture of turbinado and white. Some recipes do include a
>process of clarifying the sugar to be used by cooking it as a syrup, and
>then clarifying it with egg whites, like a consomme, before further
>processing. In those types of recipes I'd skip the clarification process
>and go with white.

Sorry to be a pain to some and just plain ignorant to some, but please good
gentles could someone please enlighten me as to what turbinado and
muscovado sugars are, and where you get them,  The supermarkets here only
selling the basics like white and brown sugars.
Thanks
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler