SC - Re: SC OOP Happy Birthday

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Jul 2 13:59:44 PDT 1998

- --part0_899412591_boundary

Here you go folks. This serves 4-8.

A'aql

- --part0_899412591_boundary

From: LrdRas at aol.com
To: karen.j.ginsberg at lmco.com
Subject: Chekyns Recipe
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:48:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/98 10:58:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
karen.j.ginsberg at lmco.com writes:

<< Could you give me the recipie for the chicken in garlic sauce from Will's?
 It was really good!
 (I liked the bunny too, but stores around us don't carry bunny....)

 Kit

Sure. No, problem. Sorry that you didn't come on back and introduce
yourself.........:-( Of course there's always the possibility that I know you
but don't recognizie youn as Kit. :-) I will provide "documentation"  soon.
This is done on the fly and I haven't finished preparing my actual post for
this recipe.

Chekynes in Garlik
(A Composite recipe created from 2 recipes in "Ancient Cookery")
copyright 1998 L. J. Spencer, Jr.

8 chicken thighs
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 sheets phyllo (filo) pastry, cut in half
1 head garlic
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
3/4-1 cup chicken broth
1 large pinch ginger, ground
1 large pinch cinnamon, ground
1 pinch cloves, ground
salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Wrap garlic minus 1 large clove of garlic in foil.
Bake 30 mins.

Brush a half phyllo sheet with melted butter. Place chicken at the yop of the
shett and roll up. Tuck ends underneath. Place on a greased baking sheet.
Repaet for other chicken pieces. Bake at 350 deg. F. until a golden brown.

Sauce:
Soak breadcrumbs in broth. Squeeze cooked garlic into crumb mixture. Blend
well. Mash raw clove of garlic into a paste. Add to mixture. Add remaining
ingredients and mix thoroughly. Heta to boiling. Reduce heat top low and
simmer until thickened, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.

To serve:
Put wrapped chicken on a plater and pour sauce over top. You may sprinkle with
a small amount of cinnamon for garnish.

Enjoy! :-)

A'aql al-Zib (pronouced "Ras")
Guildmaster