FW: SC - Yikes! I'm teaching a class!

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Thu Jul 9 20:30:17 PDT 1998

Bonne,

I just found out that I am traching the very same class on the 1 August
- - but to Uni kids who have no idea of cooking .......  I was just about
to post to the list, when I saw yours.

I want to start my group off "right" so does anyone have a list of foods
that can be purchased or made (with little effort) that are close or
actually documentable ......

I thought of starting really basic and showing them how to make
Sekanjabin, some biscuits (Prince Biscuit or Shrewsbury cakes) and some
sauces to go with bought roast chicken/meat (such as Cameline, Garlic,
etc from Santich).

what do people think?  Am I starting with too much assumed knowledge?

I'm mainly trying to get them away from buying a roast chook or a hunk
of cheddar to bring to a potluck !!!

Thanks and regards

Meliora
Polit, Lochac, The West