sake (was Re: SC - Tea Blocks)

Balano1@aol.com Balano1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 18:08:45 PDT 1998

At 07:36 PM 13/07/98 -0400, you wrote:
>You know, now that you mention it... I don't recall seeing this one
>either. Unless this was part of one of those threads entitled something
>like, "Care and Feeding of Bird's Instant Trifle Powder", which I might
>have deleted unread ;  ( .

It was in the "Yikes - I'm teaching a class" thread. Here it is again...

Bonne, you wanted recipies. Here is my Spinich Tart recipie (from memory,
but I made it last weekend) with ALL the steps. Since this is meant to be
basic, I'll use all the cheat options...

1 250g packet frozen spinach
30g butter
100 g sugar
1/3 cup cream
5 eggs
1 lemon
handful currants
handful pinenuts
1 shortcrust pastry sheet, thawed
Extra butter or cooking spray

deep 9" tart tin (with removeable base)
wooden spoon
Medium frypan
Large mixing bowl
zester/fine grater

1. Preheat oven to 180F/350C

2. Butter the tart case (or spray with cooking spray). Line the tart case
with pastry, being careful not to stretch it. Trim evenly around the top and
refrigerate.

3. Cook frozen spinach, cook in the butter 5 mins, stirring and breaking up
the lump. Cool.

4. While the spinach is cooling, put the sugar into the mixing bowl, with
the cream. Break in the eggs and mix all together.

5. Either grate the rind (not the white pith) off the lemon using the fine
teeth on the grater, or use a lemon zester to do this. Add to the egg mix.

6. Once the spinach is cool, add it to the egg mix, mixing through well (a
fork might help). Stir in the currants and pine nuts.

7. Take the tart case out of the fridge and pour in the filling.

8. Bake until golden and cooked through. Test after 30 minutes using a
skewer or straw to see if the middle is set or not. When set, remove from
oven and cool.

Serve warm (if possible) or cold.

Hope this adds to your collection - good luck with your classes!
Rowan

Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia