SC - Jerked Meat

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 14 22:15:30 PDT 1998

Allison asked:

>Stefan,

>Are you coming to Pennsic?  One of the 'variations' I'll be talking about
>in my class is fritters.

I wish I was. As I've been to Pennsic XXI, XXIII and XXV. I thought this
was going to be my year. But I couldn't find a ride with anyone. It's a
28 hour drive from here and I just drive locally. :-(

If anyone has flown into Pennsic for a week or more, I'd love to hear by
email (not on this list) how you handled it. I usually stay in a 17 ft.
pavilion, use a director's chair and a pair of footlockers, have a heavy cloak
and sleeping bag etc. If I can figure out how to do it, I still might come.
Although I think the registration deadline may have passed, anyway.

Classes and merchant row are the main things I do at Pennsic now. I haven't
brought my armor since Pennsic XXI. The classes seem to be getting better
and more of them each time I've been.

Oh well. Even if I can't go, I still wish you all the best with the Cook's
feast/revel.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad (Austin, TX)
stefan at texas.net

(Allison, how about coming to Gulf Wars next March?)