SC - Another abbreviation I don't recognize

rudin@okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Jul 15 11:06:28 PDT 1998

John Henschen wrote:

> I know it most likely isn't period, knowing the history of tomatoes, but has
> anyone tried it? I suppose someone in period MAY have tried it, in hopes
> that they could use the tomato for _something_.  The tomato being a fruit,
> and most cordials containing a fruit....

I suppose it's possible...I think you may be up against the weirdness
quotient, though. Tomatoes don;t taste too different from gooseberries,
when you get down to it, and they can be used for jam. I don't think it
would be high on my list of alcoholic priorities, but that's just me.

What would you have lost in materials if a one-gallon batch is awful?
MAybe $10 bucks maximum? At least then you'd know...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com