OT: Re: SC - Another abbreviation I don't recognize

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 15 12:45:15 PDT 1998

Korrin S. DaArdain writes:

> I remember as a kid having some jerky that was cured with sugar
> insted of salt.

The best, the absolute ultimate top-of-the-line BEST jerky I've ever had in my life was my dad's sweet venison jerky.

Recipe?  Cut your venison thin.  Shake in some black pepper and a couple handsful of dark brown sugar.  Mix with your hands till the sugar starts pulling the juices from the meat.

You can dry this in your "li'l smoker" like my dad did; but even in a dehydrator it's excellent.

	- k