SC - Re: Sweet jerky recipe

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Wed Jul 15 19:53:06 PDT 1998

Sianan asks:

>>Do they have to be pink rose petals or can you use any
colour?  I know that the traditional one is pink and all the rose flavoured
things I've seen (mostly Turkish Delight is pink, but I can't remember if they
are the only edible colour roses.  Mum has some really nice orange ones. Some
advice please?<<

Any rose petal is edible, as long as it have been growing without chemical
pesticles and systemic rose food.

I haven't made Gunther's Liqueur (yet) but for rose petal jam and syrup I have
found that any rose that has a scent will have a flavor.

Renata