SC - Spice cabinet-what do we stock?

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Fri Jul 17 07:34:01 PDT 1998

I have a thread for general consumption and discourse:

What items would be considered necessary,  recommended and luxury
items in a recreationist's spice collection.  This includes spices, dried
herbs, condiments and other flavorings.

This is the basis for a class I am trying to develop and would enjoy your
learned input on this topic.  (Not to mention being of use to those on this
list  building a medieval cookery spread).  I am using the standard
respected sources for frequencies and statements of trends from
different times/regions as support for my assertions so far.  Any input
add reference suggestions will be duly credited in my class notes and
bibliography. (I am perusing the Florilegium as well )

Thanks.