SC - Re: Shoe size

Chris Peters cpeters at cinemagnetics.com
Fri Jul 17 11:57:05 PDT 1998

The list I have been offered here is appreciated greatly.  It offered a
few things I had not considered.  The question that seems of even more
import is: which ones are absolute necessities, and which are important
yet less so?

When I present to a group of new cooks or curious people, they will be
a bit overwhelmed by a laundry list of things they have to buy to be
medieval cooks.

I figure that the list of general must haves includes

SPICES:  saffron, grains of paradise, black peppercorns, galingale,
cardamom, salt, cubebs

Additionally, as available for purchase, or in an herb garden:
FRESH HERBS  garlic, sage, rosemary, ginger, borage, (No one
mentioned) Rue, chervil, marjoram,

CONDIMENTS: verjuice, vinegar, garum/liquimen