FW: SC - People's size

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Sat Jul 18 18:49:13 PDT 1998

> I always considered the fact that they made armor for younger nobels, and this
> armor was of course, made to size.. it was also less used than the adult sized
> armor, and therefore survived to be exhibited. That was my shot in the dark,
> as I was at first confused by their finding size 12 shoes at digs around
> Hadrian's wall and in the Thames sites. As I wear a size ten, at least SOME of
> those people were bigger than me. This is going to up the "average" height a
> bit.
>
> Corwyn

I take exception right there, milord.  No offense, but shoe size often has much to
do with genetics, I'm convinced (legnth of bones, height of arch, etc.).  My
father (6'1") and brother (6'2") have size 13 feet.  My mother (5'2") wears a size
8.  My luck to get the worst of both worlds and be 5'4" with a size 10 1/2 shoe
(it was already a size 10 before either of my children, in case someone was going
to suggest that!).  Height and shoe size are not indicators of each other.  I also
have large hands, as I wore a size 9 ring in high school, and have only gone up
half a size in the 12 years since (another gift from my father who wears a size 14
and brother wears a 13).

Brenna