SC - source of 25% vinegar?

Kallyr@aol.com Kallyr at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 05:11:41 PDT 1998

> I know that when my sister is having asthma attacks her doctors have told her
> that she can't drink milk because it will create even more mucus, making the
> attack worse.  When I am dealing with a cold or sinus infection I drink less
> milk because it tends to gum me up.

> Neither my sister or I is lactose intolerant, milk just seems to make our
> upper respitory problems worse.
>
> Noemi

The problem is not lactose intolerance.  I understand this problem, as I have been
a chronic ENT for all of my life (asthma, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia,
tonsillitis, you name it, I'm prone to it).  No one ever suggested cutting my milk
unless I had a stomach virus or fever.  However, I was put on a ketogenic diet for
seemingly unrelated problems (which cut out all milk products except hard
cheese).  In the last year, I have had only 2 asthma attacks and one bout with
bronchitis.  For me, this is a stellar year.  BTW, I realize excess mucous is
common with milk, but my friend's son's reaction to milk was literally life
threatening.  He would be carted off to the doctor for high spiking fevers and
severe ENT infections of every sort twice a month.  He never had more than a week
at a time off of antibiotics.  He was subjected to every test known to man to find
the problem.  He was hospitalized 3 times in 18 months.  This type of reaction was
foreign to me, and the cure seemed to simple on the surface.  It was
incomprehensible that it worked.

Brenna