SC - Lactose Intolerance & Flora and Fauna

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Jul 21 19:20:10 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/21/98 9:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Seton1355 at AOL.COM
writes:

<<  Don't you get fetal rabbits by killing the mommy?  And wouldn't killing
the
 mom be a violation of Lentan law?  I mean why would you kill the adult
rabbit,
 not eat it and go after the fetus?
 Jut curious.....Phillipa >>

 Actually, Ras and I were thinking, when we were discussing this, that an
infant animal was not considered an animal until it had taken suck from its
mother. Also, many of the Holy days were a single day among other "normal"
days where the rabbit could be killed and eaten on day 1, and the fetuses
consumed on day 2, or vice versa. The rule was not that the animal could not
be killed, just that it couldn't be consumed, as in the kosher laws. I suspect
that many of the laws requiring butcher shops to close, etc. were later, when
the Church decided that it would be best to reduce temptation. If there isn't
any meat, you can't eat it. Frankly, considering the size of a newborn rabbit,
I really don't think the effort would be worth it.

Hi, cuz ;-)

Phlip