SC - homogenization???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 22 10:01:07 PDT 1998

	Adamantius wrote:
> Hmmm. No scales, although they do have fins. If fish, they need not
> apply. If mammals, they don't ruminate or have cloven hooves. There
> may
> be more to that aspect of Kashrut than I'm aware of (almost certainly)
> but it doesn't sound, if I can be forgiven the expression, Kosher to
> me.
>
> Adamantius

This is, in fact, the opinion of the Orthodox Rabbi who works at the
desk next to mine. (Rebbe Cohen, taking some years off teaching Yeshiva,
for "something quiet" to do)
As a mammal, it does not chew cud. As a fish it does not have scales.
Not Kosher.
As I said, in my post, that I had good assurance that it was not Kosher.

Brandu