SC - Clarification-long

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Wed Jul 22 20:43:47 PDT 1998

Phlip said:

>An allergy is a physiological problem which is caused by the body rejecting
>certain substances and treating them like an infection, AFTER REPEATED
>EXPOSURE. It is impossible to be allergic on one's first exposure to
>anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when Avocado tried to kill me.  I was 15 when I first had it.  I
liked it, but less than 15 minutes later, I had troubles breathing and my
face and throat had swollen up terribly. I nearly croaked that time.  The
Doctor said it was an allergic reaction, and yet that was the first time I
had ever had it.  Does this mean that the doctor was wrong? At least I had
no reason not to believe him since I don't know that much about medicine.
Am I just wierd or what?

- -Sianan (Wondering if she should hazard a bite of avocado to test this
theory out)

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler